I get my art news from www.artinfo.com
(I hope they are a reliable source because they dished some awesome scoops recently that I am about to recirculate here)
Click the link and read them for yourself, but I have a few things to say.
- Bhutan should absolutely not be embarrassed about images of penises everywhere. Who cares what the West thinks?
- Forget the MFA in Boston. The five mill should have gone to the MOBA. That is some entertainment!
- Eddie Murphy is way cooler than James Franco. He'll crush the Oscars. Just as long as he doesn't dress like he did in Raw.
- Why is Dunkin Donuts giving out art awards? I guess we'll take the money from wherever we can get it.
- I've been doing a lot of fashion stuff recently, and here's one more. I think this video is so fun. I wish it was longer.
I hope you enjoyed the Art Info link. I suggest their weekly news email. It's usually entertaining.
Other events to look out for soon/now:
The premier of The Art of Flight in NYC. ( a super-rad snowboard video)
The most ridiculous surf competition in NY, with the biggest purse ever, $1,000,000, with the biggest waves ever, hosted by Quiksilver. (this may be a slight exaggeration on my part)