Friday, September 7, 2012

Homeward Bound


It's been five days since I've returned from Bali. At the moment I find myself in a location I've grown quite accustomed to in the past weeks; an airport. Not a commercial airport however; it's a military passenger terminal. I think you know what this means. My Space-A adventure will begin again. I think a few of you are familiar with my last experience. If not you can read about it on the Germany page. This time around should be much easier, so they say. I'm just trying to keep patient and persevere. This of course is easy now. I'm only one hour into the waiting. There's only one flight tonight to Ramstein, or for the rest of the weekend for that matter. I'm trying not to sweat. The retirees are making me nervous. They're good at this game, but they speculate too much. I wish they would just talk about the weather and the upcoming football season.
In other news, Bali was fabulous. The Taipei airport was pretty awesome too; as was my brief stay in LA. I've taken a substantial amount of notes in these three weeks and I can't wait to share some stories with you. These tourist posts will come sporadically in the next week or two, as I will be composing them only when I have time. I can only imagine that having not been home in seven weeks, I've got commitments to take care of and journaling may not be a priority. For this I apologize to anyone who may be waiting to hear how the trip went.
Bali is, without a doubt, the most exotic place I've ever been. It's not what I thought it was going to be, but few things are. There were some pleasant surprises, as well as not so pleasant, and a few adventures in between. I plan to be honest about my trip and what I absorbed from it. Just do me a favor, don't judge Bali based on my opinions, just judge me.
It was a great place to go for Florida Scarf. I bought a couple of new fabrics that I am excited to get home and use. I've also got some new design ideas and craft tricks. Traveling is fun, but it amazes me how much work I can turn it into. Luckily, Phil doesn't mind too much. I find just as much enjoyment in exploring as I do with sharing my finds.
Thanks for checking in with me. Hopefully, if I get on this flight, you'll be hearing from me again in a few days via my nice computer at my fun desk in my home in Deutschland. (Geez, I haven't spoken a lick of German since I left. I'm glad I can at least spell the country's name.) Maybe there is hope for me learning the language.


No comments:

Post a Comment