Monday, October 17, 2011

Ski Equipment Garbage Art


This is the latest piece in my art collection of mosaics made by my mom. (and Frank)
I use the term "garbage art" because the centerpiece is an old ski binding that has been indemnified. Once a binding gets too old, you can't ski it anymore and it must be thrown away. Fortunately for this binding it was designed to be multipurpose, thus saving it from the dumpster. It is also a beer bottle opener. (Because a skier should always be prepared.) When I worked at the Ski Barn, in NJ, I snatched up this piece of history. Four years later my mom has finally made good on her promise to make it look cool.


I know what your thinking. And from this angle you can see how it would open a bottle.

And since I am my little brother's biggest fan, this is my favorite part.


My mom is so lucky to have given birth to such talent over and over again :)

If you would like to get your hands on some of my mom's work yourself visit her Etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment