Monday, November 14, 2011

Hot Fairy on Fairy

It isn't every day you get to start out a blog post like that.


I know you're thinking, "what the heck?"
Without forcing you to read any further I'll tell you. It's shower art. If you click it, the link will send you to the Ugly Baby Etsy Shop, where you can peruse this fabulous shower art.
If you want to know why I'm posting it, read on.

This season, with Florida Scarf, I have begun to develope more of an internet presence. I have found that this is going to be neccessary since I will continue to be moving. constantly. I don't know if you're familiar, but when you spend a lot of time around here you begin to make friends. It's the strangest thing to me. I have a few people, that I know only through emails, convos, and reading their blog. These people all seem quite familiar to me however and I have no problem in reffering to them as "my friend" much as I would any of my real life friends. That being said I want to introduce you to my friend Rosalie...

She might be the oddest person I know. (without actually knowing)
I met Rosalie on the internet. She hosts a great website.
Unanimous Craft Logo

Unanimous Craft is a directory of resources for crafters, artists and indie business owners. Rosalie submits her favorite resources and encourages the rest of us to do the same. It's kind of like Yelp for the crafty community.
I encourage you to become a member. It's free!

Being a part of Unanimous Craft has been great for my small crafty business. It's been a lot of Bang-For-The-Buck. Even if you don't make stuff, there's plenty for you to get involved in on the site.

Why She Did It
Rosalie was inspired to build Unanimous Craft after seeing a huge list of links to different resources that The House of Mouse posted in the Etsy forums. She wanted to make a tool that our community could use to get organized and share information. The site launched in March, 2010 with about 100 resources that were featured in Handmade Nation by Faythe Levine and Courtney Heimerl. The rest of the resources have been created by our community.
this friend of mine is a waterproof Shower Art maker, stand-up comedian and blogger who is currently obsessed with German board games, Bikram yoga and embroidery.

Rosalie is also the brains behind bARTer Sauce, an experiment in trading for art and odd objects. I'm making it mandatory for you to hang around this site.

I hope you enjoyed meeting Rosalie. She's pretty neat, huh? I thought you two would have a bit in common. Check her out on the FB too, if you want, since, that's what friends do these days, especially internet friends.

2 comments: