Friday, July 13, 2012

Swarovski Scarf

Introducing my latest style...

Swarovski says...Add sparkle to your everyday life.


So I thought some scarves with crystal buttons were, well, overdue.


I am constantly scouring the globe in search of accessories that have never been introduced in the Florida Scarf product line. Most recently I have come across these beautiful buttons at the Swarovski showroom in Austria.
Prior to my holiday in Austria, I wasn't much of a Swarovski girl. One trip to Kristallwelten, one sip of the kool aid, and I was hooked. The crystals are gorgeous, the history is impressive, and the future is innovative. I think these new buttons make the scarves look amazing. They have never sparkled like this before.
If you are interested, here is a tidbit of the Swarovski history:
In 1892, Daniel Swarovski invented a machine to cut crystal more precisely than ever before. Three years later his company was born in Tyrol, Austria. In 1956, with the help of Christian Dior, Swarovski developed it's "Aurora Borealis" finish. It made the cut crystal sparkle. In 1976, the figurines were born. In 1987, the Swarovski Crystal Society was formed. Today it has over 325,000 members. In 1993, Crystal Mesh is developed, all the cool designers start using it. (Yes, I think I am clever.) In 1995, the Kristallwelten opened in Wattens, Austria. This is where I was fortunate enough to travel, a couple of weeks ago. (Perhaps you read about it in the Germany Journal) I was one of over nine million that have toured the premises. Now, in 2012, if you google Swarovski images you will be shown some pretty ridiculously bedecked items. I'm just saying'.


P.S. These scarves will be available on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment