Friday, July 22, 2011

BAD HAIR

I've decided today to provide you with an anecdote. My hope is that it helps to get you through the last day of the week. I had a realization that I found amusing. I hope you do too.

I've had this book for a long time. A good friend of mine gave it to me one year for my birthday. It's called Bad Hair. Maybe you've seen it. Essentially it's a coffee table book with REALLY ridiculous pictures. Here is an example:

The other day I was getting something out of my closet and this book fell out. I hadn't looked at it in a while so I decided to thumb through it. What I realized is that a lot of these models show off their hair in the same way Flo Sca shows off its merchandise.

Is this a horrible coincidence or what? It made me rethink my product showcase for a minute. Then I started to take it to the next level. What if I used these old models to help display scarves?


Not bad for someone with minimal Photoshop skills, I think. Anyway, I'm sure these lovely ladies don't want me spoiling their headshots with these crazy scarves around their neck, distracting the viewer from the true beauty that is their hair, so I'll leave them be. Besides, ones like this girl have their own scarves :)

And ones like this guy don't even have a neck.
But this gentleman looked a bit chilly, so I gave him a hood.
"Grow a mustache Rook"


That's all for now.
Don't forget to stop by www.militaryhomefrontonetsy.blogspot.com and vote in our Christmas In July Contest.
Tune back in next week when I'll be reporting (finally) on the great vintage finds that my friend Tara (from www.stylediner.com) scored for me from the sale at B's. It's going to be insanely visually stimulating.
Have a great weekend.







1 comment: