Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Fashion Show


On Friday, March 5, I will be participating in another fashion show. No, I'm not a model. No, Florida Scarf won't be there. This time I will be helping behind the scenes. I've got my black shirt and pants already picked out. This event is going to be a blast so if you're in the area you should come.
I'm really excited about the opportunity to volunteer again. Being in the military has given me a lot of opportunities to get involved with my communities. This event is going to be my favorite so far, I think. It's right up my alley. There will be about thirty models, and they all have more than one outfit. Their ensembles will be available for purchase after the show. Isn't that a great idea? The people putting it on have been hunting/collecting great pieces for the outfits for a year. I can't wait to see what they've found.
Shows are such an exciting way to get out for the evening. I think entertainment from thrift store fashion will be surprising too. It seems to be a trend experiencing resurgence. Thank goodness. Fashion is cyclical anyway. So why continue to make new stuff that looks like old stuff? Rock the old stuff.
I plan on bringing my camera to the dress rehersal and show. Hopefully I'll follow up with some great shots for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment