Saturday, January 5, 2013

Creative Indulgence


Lately I have been spoiling myself by indulging a creative rampage. In the past couple of weeks I have completed over 5 paintings. Mind you, they were not all started a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't want to insinuate that I am a fast worker. Here they are in no particular order.




Over the coming days I will be posting the processes from some of these works.
Also, a few of these are available for purchase on Etsy.

Over the holiday season I have also been working on a series of special orders. I have been getting an increasing number of Special Orders. It is definitely more work to complete; but in a good way. It works my brain in ways that making what ever I want never could. Here's a few, in no particular order.






And my particular favorite of the season...The Santa Clause.
I have also been branching out from these two main outlets for my creativity. For instance, here is my snuggie for my plant. I made it from some old granny squares I have that my grandmother made. 
I love it. I want to make snuggies for everything using these squares. Everything you wrap in them looks adorable.
What's my next “branching out” project?
Figuring out how to cut down and resew my grandfather's flannels into a size that fits me.

I also have plans to finally finish the throw rug made from knotted t-shirts that I started in May. 
Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment