Monday, January 14, 2013

New Neon Hat

Have you ever thought about what your least favorite temperature is?
Mine is 40 degrees Fahrenheit. It makes the weather incredibly annoying. It's been between 38 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit here for a couple of weeks. It's been chilly, wet and gray; and I've had trouble deciding if I need a coat, or not, most days.
Not Today! It's cold again; under 30 degrees. I couldn't be more relieved. The air feels fresh and crisp, and we even saw some snow flurries. I definitely wore my jacket when I went outside...
And my new hat!
(I know I look like a dork in this photo, but that's what happens when you take pictures of yourself.)
(P.S. I am also aware that it is even dorkier that I am standing in front of one of my paintings. In my defense I just got excited about Winter.)

I'm, obviously, showcasing this hat because it was handmade.
Even better; it was handmade for me by my friend Elizabeth.
I didn't know what it was going to look like until it was done.
I told Elizabeth I wanted it to match my sneakers.
And Viola! 
Nice work E.

It's cool when you are good at making things. It's twice as cool when you have friends that are good at making things and you get to make things for each other. I think that is how the world goes 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment